Thursday, May 17, 2007

Notes from the Underbelly

Please don't let "Notes from the Underbelly" get cancelled. It's smart, well-written and funny. In other words, a tiny oasis of intelligence in the wasteland that is the TV sitcom.

Never mind that the two main characters are somehow able to afford a stunning house on the salaries of a high school guidance counselor and a landscape architect. (I live in the San Francisco Bay area, so when it comes to real estate, I am Bitter, table for one.)

Stacy Traub, the creator (whatever that means in Hollywood) , also did "Kitchen Confidential." Another show I liked very much, but that got cancelled much too soon.

If you've had a kid, or know someone who has, you'll like this show. Plus, Jennifer Westfeldt has great highlights. And that's what I notice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I AGREE. WHEN I 1ST HEARD OF THE SHOW I WAS A BIT TURNED OFF BY THE WHOLE IDEA OF A SHOW BEING CENTERED AROUND ONE WOMAN'S PREGNANCY BUT ONEDAY WHILE UNABLE TO FIND ANYTHING ON T.V, I RAN ACROSS IT AND LOVED IT. IT'S A VERY FUNNY SHOW AND THERE'S NOTHING ON T.V. LIKE IT, I HOPE ABC PICKS IT UP FOR ANOTHER SEASON