Friday, August 28, 2009

A trip I'd rather not have to make.

I got a call from the vet's office yesterday. Isabelle's ashes are ready to be picked up. It's funny--I had been wondering whether I should call. I told the vet I would pick them up today, thinking I'd swing by on the way home after picking up my son from preschool. But how do I explain to him the purpose of our errand? He thinks that she's in Heaven, where God is playing with her.

On Wednesday, I came across some of her medications in our downstairs medicine cabinet. I thought I'd given them all back. I suppose reminders of her will keep cropping up. I keep thinking I see her out of the corner of my eye.

3 comments:

The Single Hussy said...

so sorry to read about your loss o Isabelle. It's been a year and half since i lost my feline better half of 19 years, and i still come home expecting to see her, or am convinced i see her out of the corner of my eye. it's those rare animal souls that connect with us so deeply and leave such a huge hole in our lives.

Cynthia Badiey said...

@The Single Hussy: Thanks, I really appreciate it. It's nice to know that there are people out there that understand. It's hardest when I'm home alone and don't have her here to keep me company.

The Single Hussy said...

{hugs} i have four cats now (yeah, don't ask how i went from one to four -- i still don't understand myself), and they just aren't the same.

it sound really crazy, but i'm convinced her soul will find a way back to me - perhaps as my child? there was just something about her that i would look in her eyes and now that we'd been on this journey with each other so many times before.