Monday, July 27, 2009

J.Crew designers lose their minds.

OK, this is a totally off-topic post, and I love J.Crew and all (and would very much like them to send me free samples), but could you please tell me WHO WOULD EVER WEAR THIS OUTFIT?
I mean, look at it. Seriously. Shorts, frilly shirt, cardigan AND a blazer. With all the layers she's wearing, can this woman even move her arms? In what crazy climate can she possibly live? Is she going to school? PTA meeting? Work? Yes, I know the air conditioning tends to be set on high in office buildings, but who wears shorts to work? And yet her look says, "I'm so pretty, I dare you to make fun of my outfit." Blecch, I say. Blecch. One big overturned wine glass to this ensemble.

2 comments:

Miss Jennifer said...

i completely agree. Their marketing people have also lost their minds over "Final Sale". Why is anyone excited about Final Sale? It's not a bigger discount, I just can't return it if I decide I don't want it.

Cynthia Badiey said...

Yes, I found the "Final Sale" completely ludicrous. I had to buy some pants for an upcoming wedding I have to attend ("Island attire"), and was quite dismayed to see that I won't be able to return the pants I ordered. Not the best customer service, IMHO.