Saturday, November 01, 2008

Dear married folks.

Please take a moment (41 seconds, to be exact) to watch this video by my dear friend Jeff, especially if you live in California and are undecided about Proposition 8. And especially if you're married.



Or this one, "12 Years" (a whopping 37 seconds):



Heck, if you pay taxes (41 seconds):



And last but not least, one of my favorite arguments for voting no on Proposition 8 (20 seconds):



That's why I can't understand all the people that are for Proposition 8. I find all this talk about protecting marriage to be a little disingenuous, because when I look around at how straight people are "honoring" marriage, well...we're not, often. (I botched my first marriage, so I count myself as Exhibit A. I'm hoping to do better with my current one.)

Anyway, just take a look at these videos, and consider what they have to say.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Cindi!
Here's to love. And your hot husband (I think this one's a keeper).
xo
Jeff.

millie said...

Thanks so much for posting these. I just spent the morning at one poll answering questions and encouraging folks to vote No on 8. I'm headed to another one this afternoon for more of the same.

Mostly people here (Berkeley and Oakland) are voting No on 8. Even the guy who told me he was strongly against gay marriage because of his religious beliefs.

I think he meant to vote yes but got confused. Here's to more of that kind of confusion. And fairness for all of us.