Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Dr. Ruth, markswoman.

This is sort of related to what I do in my copious spare time.

So I'm driving to work. I'm flipping through the channels and I happen to hear an interview on NPR with Dr. Ruth Westheimer. Me being a sex writer and all, I listen.

She says that after WWII (and after escaping the Holocaust, which is amazing in itself), she went to Israel and served in the military. Then she says that despite her size (4'7"), she was an "excellent sniper."

Dr. Ruth was an excellent SNIPER? How do you go from sniper to...sex educator? I'm trying to picture her with a rifle, getting a bead on Osama bin Laden, and I just can't do it. The mind reels. Seriously.

I think I'd like to have dinner with Dr. Ruth. I have a couple of questions I'd like to ask her.

No comments: